Jigna Vora Wiki- Jigna Vora, a former Indian crime reporter, faced a notable chapter in 2011 when she was arrest in connection with the murder of journalist Jyotirmoy Dey. After a lengthy legal battle, she was acquit in 2018. In 2023, she took on a new role as a contestant on ‘Bigg Boss 17,’ broadcast on Colors TV. Jigna had a long career as a crime journalist before the Jyotirmoy Dey case, where she face accusations and was booked under MCOCA. Post her nine-month jail sentence and subsequent release, her career suffered, and she lost ties with several media houses.
Undeterred, she authored the book ‘Behind Bars in Byculla: My Days in Prison,’ gaining significant popularity. This book inspired the web series Scoop, depicting her life and featuring actors Karishma Tanna and Harman Baweja. Currently, she participates as a contestant on ‘Bigg Boss 17,’ one of India’s prominent reality shows hosted by Salman Khan.
Jigna Vora Wiki
- 1 Jigna Vora Wiki
- 2 Career Report’s
- 3 Jigna Vora Family & Relationship
- 4 Education Qualification
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Facts About Jigna Vora
- 8 Social Media Accounts
- 9 FAQ’S
Jigna Vora, born on May 12, 1985, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, is a talented Indian journalist and news anchor. She stands out in the media landscape, known for her dedication and exceptional skills as a journalist. With a knack for investigative reporting and insightful interviews, Jigna has made a significant impact on Indian media.
Her journey began with education at St. Xavier’s High School in Mumbai, followed by a degree in mass communication from Mumbai University in 2007. Eager to further her expertise, she pursued a Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication in 2008. Jigna Vora’s commitment and skills make her a rising star in the Indian media sector, poised for even greater achievements in the years ahead.
Jigna Vora Bio Overview
|Age||57 Years old as of 2024|
|Date of Birth||Born in 1976|
Read Also:-Mannara Chopra Wiki
In 2008, Jigna Vora commenced her journalism career at the Times of India, where she served as a sub-editor for two years. In 2010, she transitioned to NDTV, contributing as a reporter for four years and covering diverse subjects, including politics, crime, and social issues. Joining Times Now as a Senior Reporter in 2014, Jigna continued to excel in her field. During her over five-year tenure with Times Now, she reported on significant events in India, such as the 2014 general elections, the 2016 demonetization, and the 2019 general elections.
|Height||165 cm, 1.65 m, 5’5|
Read This:-Munawar Faruqui Biography
Jigna Vora Family & Relationship
Jigna Vora is a graduate in Mass Communication from Mumbai University and holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
Check This:-Neil Bhat Wiki, Age, Wife,
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favorite Destination||Lonavala, Mumbai|
|Favorite Movie||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite Color||Black, White and Red|
|Net Worth||60 Lakh (Approx.)|
Also Check:-Aishwarya Sharma Age
Facts About Jigna Vora
- In 2011, Jigna Vora faced serious allegations in connection with the murder of journalist Jyotirmoy Dey, making her one of the two main suspects. She was eventually acquitted of all charges related to the J. Dey murder case, marking a significant turn in her life.
- Following her acquittal, Vora shared her experiences in a book titled “Behind the Bars in Byculla: My Days in Prison.” This book served as the inspiration for the Netflix series “Scoop,” directed by filmmaker Hansal Mehta. The show delves into the story of crime reporter Jigna Vora, accused and later acquitted in J. Dey’s murder case.
- The series received attention and acclaim, winning awards for Best Asian Series and Best Lead Actress. In “Scoop,” actress Karishma Tanna portrayed the lead role of Jigna Vora, earning accolades for her performance.
- Before the allegations and legal proceedings related to the murder case, Jigna was a journalist for the newspaper Asian Age.
- On June 11, 2011, journalist Jyotirmoy Dey was murdered in Hiranandani, Powai, Mumbai, by unidentified assailants. The murderers were identified as part of a seven-person group connected to underworld gangster Chhota Rajan.
- Initially, both Chhota Rajan and Jigna Vora were charged in connection with the murder case. Vora was detained on November 25, 2011, during her tenure as the Deputy Bureau Chief of the Asian Age newspaper’s Mumbai bureau.
- In February 2012, the Mumbai police filed a charge sheet against Jigna Vora, accusing her of providing Chhota Rajan with crucial information about J. Dey, including his residence and bike’s license plate number. She faced charges under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and other criminal offenses.
- Chhota Rajan claimed that Jigna Vora provoked him to murder J. Dey due to professional rivalry, but this claim was refute by Sachin Kalbag, the Executive Editor of Mid-Day at the time.
- Jigna Vora was grant bail and release on July 27, 2012, considering her status as a single parent responsible for a young child.
Check This:-Vinay Gowda (Bigg Boss Kannada 10) Wiki
Social Media Accounts
Who is Jigna Vora?
Jigna Vora is a 56-year-old Indian journalist born in Mumbai in 1976. She is known for her contribution to the field of journalism.
What is Jigna Vora's profession?
Jigna Vora is a journalist by profession. She has been actively involve in the field, contributing her insight and perspectives.
Where was Jigna Vora born?
Jigna Vora was born in Mumbai, India.
What is Jigna Vora's ethnicity and nationality?
Jigna Vora is of Indian ethnicity and holds Indian nationality.
What is Jigna Vora's religion?
Jigna Vora follows the Hindu religion.
Monya is a 25-year-old site author with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (B.Arch). While her academic background is in design, Monya’s true passion lies in entertainment, particularly movies. As a site author, Monya focuses on creating engaging content related to movies and the entertainment industry. She is passionate about sharing her opinions and insights on the latest films, as well as exploring the history and evolution of cinema.